The Old Wagon and Horses, as the name suggested is a former Public House dating from the mid 1800’s. The property was purchased from Georges Bristol Beers in 1958 prior to their take over by Courage, Barclay & Simonds in the 1960’s.
The property has remained within the same family since it was purchased from George’s Bristol Beers and as such, it is available on the open market for the first time in nearly 60 years.
Although we are unable to provide liquid refreshment to any visitor to this former hostelry, we are able to offer a unique opportunity to purchase a substantial and versatile home.
Upon arrival at the property the front door opens to the reception hall, from here access is granted to the dining room with its attractive fireplace, the sitting room, again with a fireplace and stairs leading to the first floor. Further ground floor rooms in the main section of the house include the former cellar, now being utilised as a utility room, there is also the kitchen breakfast room and a conservatory. On the first floor you will find three double bedrooms, a shower room and a large landing area, this would make an attractive first floor sitting room/study or indeed it could be split to make an additional bedroom if required.
Attached to the main house is a two bedroom annexe. The annexe has its own front door, however, access can also be gained via the conservatory at the rear of the main house. Within the annexe there is a sitting room, kitchen/dining room and a bathroom on the ground floor and two double bedrooms on the first floor. The annexe would ideally suit those looking to accommodate a dependant relative or alternatively it could generate a rental income.
Grounds and Gardens
The rear garden is a particular feature of the property, a substantial patio area adjoins the rear of the house, beyond the patio area is a generous garden, predominately laid to lawn with mature and established trees. Also within the garden is a garage/workshop. Attached to the house is an additional workshop which is accessed from the rear garden.
At the front of the property the driveway leads to an additional garage/workshop with rooms above, this would ideally suit those looking to work from home
The village of Farmborough has a number of useful amenities including a primary school, church, active village hall and public houses. The neighbouring village of High Littleton has further facilities including Post Office/newsagent, general store and hairdresser.
Communications are excellent as the village is ideally situated on the A39 for those wishing to commute to the Cities of Wells, Bristol and Bath, which also offer excellent shopping and cultural facilities.
The property is located a short drive from the Odd Down Bath Park and Ride Service.
Access to the M4 is north of Bath at Junction 18 (around 17 miles). Mainline rail services to London Paddington are available from Bristol (98 minutes) and Bath (85 minutes). Bristol International Airport lies approximately 13 miles to the west, giving convenient access to regular internal and international flights.
The property is of freehold tenure with vacant possession upon completion.
Council Tax Band – E (House), C (Annexe)
Mains water, drainage, electricity and gas fired central heating. EPC Rating E (House), D (Annexe)
Fixtures and Fittings
All those items usually regarded as retained to the Vendors are specifically reserved out of the sale, although some may be available to the purchaser if required at valuation.
Bath and North East Somerset Council Tel: 01225 477000
Strictly by appointment with the Vendor’s Agent, Killens, Telephone 01275 333993
When travelling from Hallatrow on the A39 in the direction of Bath, proceed through the village of High Littleton, pass the turning for Hayeswood Road, the property can then be found on your right hand side after 0.5 miles.